SAMATHWA Air Traffic Control (ATC) Foundation
Guiding aircrafts during takeoff and landing, advising pilots through safe passageways, safeguarding the lives of passengers, ensuring no flight scheduling delays - that's a day in the life of an air traffic controller.
The program has been designed to match the international standards of aviation education with the aim of producing highly qualified graduates that meet the demands of the air traffic control industry.
The curriculum consists of effective management and aviation leadership training together with lectures in the fundamentals of business. Since English is the main language for aviation communication, students shall undergo intensive English language training with emphasis on internationalized aeronautical phraseology.
Through rigorous training in self-discipline and standardized procedures, you shall be prepared to make accurate decisions within very limited time spans. Courses are delivered by our highly experienced air traffic control specialists numerous field trips to airports and aviation institutes will be arranged for you so that you may study and observe real-world air traffic management operations.
After completion of our program, you will be required to attend internship at various airports and aviation centers for acquiring crucial hands-on experience. Completion of the program means you shall be ready to attend the Entrance examinations of various authorities, which provides Air Traffic Control licensing authorized courses.
After completing this course, the doors will be opened in front of you for the following types of careers:
- Air traffic control specialist/officer
- Operations support officer stationed at airport-based companies
- Official at the Ministry of Transports and Communication
- Director or officer in airlines companies
- Operations officer in airline companies
- Airline Traffic Control Officer stationed at oil rigs & offshore drill companies in the sea
- Operators or owners of private aviation firms
- Further study locally or abroad
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicants must have successfully completed higher secondary school education or equivalent - majoring in Science and Mathematics with minimum 70% marks.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate excellent mental and physical health.
- Applicants should have satisfactory proficiency in English language.
- Applicants must be of good moral character and psychological capacity, and no contagious diseases.